Dying and Living
Of the three kittens Ricky, Paco and Lula only Paco made it. He has still eye problems, but he seems to be over the worst. Lucy doesn’t seem to be infected. I spotted Meow once, his left eye seems to be infected but he is not emaciated.

Pico has the biggest problems. He is suffering from conjunctivitis on both eyes and is extremely emaciated. He leaves me no chance to catch him to at least clean his eyes. I constantly have to change the feeding place, as the residents look at the cats as a nuisance telling me that they are shitting all over the place.

Gina and Holly are beginning to settle in. I bath them every four days what they don’t like but have to endure. Babe reluctantly accepts their presence but Ronnie is happy to have new playmates.

Gina and Holly consider Babe now as substitute mother often trying getting close to her. Since Babe only reluctantly accepts this role so I try giving them as much attention as possible. But they are both pretty shy and are looking more to familiarize with Babe and Ronnie who is very friendly to them.

Ronnie’s leg is not healing well; it is still stiff. Maybe I let him running freely too early but couldn’t keep him in the cage all the time. Gina’s coat has grown back and she is very lively. Holly’s skin looks also much better.

At this stage I complete my summary from memory and continue with monthly reports.