Doggy and Paula
In late March I met Doggy. Driving on my motorbike just around the corner of the place where I now I stayed, I saw a cat lying in a strange position on the footpath. I stopped to take a look and realized that she was still warm but either unconscious or just died recently. Next to the cat was a female dog waiting and when I approached her she turned on her back as if she wanted to say: That wasn't me. I took the cat to the vet and was told that she had already died.

A few days later I saw the dog in front of the house where I now lived and she approached me in a friendly way. I called her Doggy because I was not used to deal with dogs and didn't know whether she would disappear the next day. Soon we became good friends and I fed her regularly. As a stray dog she was in a fairly good shape and her condition improved further during the following weeks.

Doggy was a fairly young animal and had not yet gave birth. So I decided end of June to take her to the vet to get her spayed. I left her five days in the clinic and kept her another day at home and then she was fit and well again. 

Not long after her recovery she appeared a few times with another dog in tow. In the beginning her companion was very cautious coming close but trusted me very soon watching Doggy being pet and cuddled by me. A woman, who was feeding street dogs, told me that the other dog was Doggy's mother and so I adopted her as well and called her Paula. 

Doggy liked to stay in my small apartment while it was too hot outside and also often stayed with me during the first part of the night but demanded always to get out in the wee hours of the morning. I took Paula also a few times up in my room but she preferred to stay outside and was very often out of sight during daytime.

Doggy and Paula got along very well. They often played together and I took the dogs every night for a walk around the neighborhood. As usual, I let Doggy out in the wee hours on September 22nd and when I stepped out of the door in the morning I noticed something strange happened.

Doggy was hiding under a car looking full of fear as Paula was aggressively barking at her. Doggy was obviously very confused  and it took me quite a while to convince her to come out from her hiding place. As soon as she emerged chased Paula her down the alley. I managed to catch Doggy after a few hundred meters and keep Paula away from her as she tried to attack her daughter. Doggy was trembling in every limb and it took me half an hour to calm her down holding her in my arms. After she seemed to quieten down a bit I went to search for Paula. I found her a few minutes later not far from the house but she ran away was out of sight immediately.

In the early evening hours a neighbor told me that Paula got run over by a car on the heavily trafficked street near by and died.