A new start
On February 18, 2010 I finally went back to Pattaya, moved into my friend's house and started to work on that project. On that very day I headed straight to my old apartment looking out for Meow and Pussy. The flat was still unoccupied and I asked my landlord for the keys. Sitting on the terrace until late night I was waiting for the cats to appear but none of them showed up.

From that day on I went every night to my apartment using a deserted house in the neighborhood to enter my old terrace to look out for Meow and Pussy, but the only visitor who showed up to receive her daily food ration was Lady. 

One day in late February I discovered two kittens peeping down on me from the edge of the roof; Lady gave birth to new kittens again. A few days later they came down to the food bowls and were growing week after week. As soon as I recognized their sex I gave them a name as I always do with animals I establish a relationship with. Unfortunately only Knurri the tom survived, since Lee the female cat didn't show up after a month and I've never seen her again. 

Knurri got his name because he used to growl like no other cat but not while angry, it was just his habit (knurren in German means to growl). Knurri was very cautious in all his movement and always kept his distance from me and I only could touch him once and that was on the last day of his life on February 15, 2011.

I found him hiding under a heap of clutter outside the abandoned house meowing heartrendingly. When I took a close look I noticed that he could not move his rear legs and was obviously in severe pain. I could pull him out of his hiding place and took him to the clinic. The vet told me that Knurri broke his spine and recommended to put him to sleep in order to end his suffering. When the vet gave the injection Knurri looked at me in despair and I couldn't hold back my tears.

Back to the year 2010. On the 17th of March, when I was sitting on the terrace of my old apartment feeding Lady and Knurri I discovered a big black cat walking down the terrace balustrade of the attached house next door. For a moment I didn't realize that it was Meow but when he came closer and I called his name he snuggled up to me, purred and let me pet him.