Our new home
I quit the job in spring 2009 and moved into a town house in an old Thai settlement in Naklua area. It was a huge apartment on two floors with a large balcony on the third and a 30 square meter terrace on the 4th floor. I chose that apartment since I wanted to provide Meow the opportunity to move in and out and to be able to roam around freely.

The first few days he was not happy and couldn't quite cope with the change. But when I completed our new home with my old furniture he settled in and started to discover his new environment with a more relaxed stroll in his stride.

I always left the terrace door ajar so Meow could go in and out freely. Not long after another cat visited me and decided to stay, so I fed her as well. I called her Lady. One day I noticed that she had two kittens which lived on the roof of the house next to mine. It was a grey tabby cat, similar to her mother and a black one with a white patch on her chest. The tabby cat was much bigger than the black one and already quite bold compared to the black one which was tiny and very timid.

I trusted Lady that she would take care of the kittens, since I couldn't do anything else than feeding her properly. But after a couple of days only the black kitten appeared regularly and I've never seen the grey one again. For some reason Lady rejected the black kitten and did not let her suckle anymore.

Fortunately I was not so inexperienced as I was when Meow was at the same stage of his development and I managed to lure Pussy, that was the name I gave her, into my apartment and after a while she became more trusting and Meow also accepted her to join the party. Actually, he acted like an elder brother, showed her to go in and out and after a couple of weeks he took her on his nightly forays.

Lady appeared routinely as ever to get her food but showed no interest in Pussy who also gave up approaching her after a while. However, Lady always tried to make our apartment her home herself, but since her digestive system seemed to be in a mildly chaotic stage with the result that she had chronic diarrhea, even Meow was fed up with her and chased her out when she tried to enter the upper floor.